Sunday, January 27, 2019

IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE, LET THEM SLEEP!!!!

For the love of God...

If you love someone, let them SLEEP!!!

Sorry for the rant, but it must be said. I cannot stress enough or emphasize how important a good night's rest is for the mind, body and soul.

I'm hypothyroid and I can survive on about 5 or 6 hours sleep, but that is pushing it. I feel optimal at around 8 hours sleep (broken sleep, mind you) but that rarely happens. The work week is stressful, there are biological issues going on or brain chemistry problems (amped after 9:00 p.m.) since we creative types get a second wind in the evening, when our brains JUST DON'T SHUT DOWN!!

I chose to write this post not out of need for pity, but rather to shed some light on the medical issues one's body must endure. According to the American Thyroid Association, an estimated 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid disease. Up to 60 per cent of these people will be unaware of their condition. https://www.thyroid.org/media-main/press-room/

That noisy neighbor above me has NO IDEA what she is doing. Moving furniture and grinding/slamming/dropping objects in her bedroom above me, all hours of the night. Just for God's sake...let me SLEEP!!!! You can move stuff later. Let the working person sleep!! This maniac has no idea how to be considerate of others. She smokes her dope, coughs, hacks and chokes all night and then makes the most amount of noise humanly possible because of her OCD and mental issues. It is Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m. and there is NO NEED of this racket and disturbance.

Those with a form of thyroid disease called Hashimoto's will understand what I am talking about. Sleep is the ultimate therapy in maintaining or recovering our health. I've suffered for years now, and with sleep and supplements, some of my ailments (Restless Leg Syndrome) can be remedied. Magnesium is key for that. Vitamin D. Zinc. Sunshine. Water. Gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, etc. The list goes on. I'm no doctor, but there's a wonderful thyroid pharmacist whom I rely on for the best knowledge available and that is Izabella Wentz.https://thyroidpharmacist.com/

Without her knowledge, I think life would be living hell for my thyroid disease.

That's why I immerse myself in my writing, in my coffee, in my VAST music library of good music. Rest equals better quality of life. Nourishment is key. Vitamins are key. Serenity is key.

On this snowy Sunday morning, minus 15c windchill, I am watching the snow blowing outside my window and the computer is fired up, ready for the final rewrites of the re-issue of my PASSION novel. Coffee is hot and fresh. The wheels of my brain are turning. This woman is stoked and ready ;)

I stand in GRATITUDE for everything good in my life. Including sleep.

Stay rested,

RR xo









No comments:

Post a Comment