Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The ULTIMATE SLOW JAMS PLAYLIST For Lovers

Dear Readers,

Since this blog is dedicated to all things "PASSIONATE"...I wanted to share with you some of my favorite slow jams (or songs to "get down" with) :)

First off, the music of the 1970's is PRIME for lovemaking! There, I said it! I have thrown in some 1980's and 1990's love songs because...James Ingram!! and a few other wonderful artists I love.

My heart swoons over a good horn section or string arrangement, a romantic lyric, a smoldering vocal...

Here's some that I use for my noveling playlist when I'm "in the mood" to create some good loving between the pages (and the sheets!!). I will be adding to this list as I go through my library...stay tuned!!!

P.S. These are all on You Tube!!

***The Originals (1970) I'll Wait For You*** (produced by Marvin Gaye)

***The Originals (1970) The Bells***(another Marvin Gaye production)

***The Originals (1969) You're The One***

***The Whispers (1977) I'm Gonna Make You My Wife***

***Major Harris (1975) Love Won't Let Me Wait***(I suspect a whole lot of baby-making happened
when this song came out!!)

***Earl Klugh (1976)  The April Fools (written by Burt Bacharach!)

***Four Tops (1970) Still Water (Love)***

***Heatwave (1976) Always & Forever***

***Three Degrees (1975) Distant Lover***

***Three Degrees (1975) Long Lost Lover***

***Smokey Robinson (1979) ***Cruisin'***

***Smokey Robinson (1973) ***Baby Come Close***

***Marvin Gaye (1976) ***I Want You***

***Norman Connors & Phyllis Hyman (1976) Betcha By Golly Wow***

***Phyllis Hyman (1977) No One Can Love You More***

***Phyllis Hyman (1986) What You Won't Do For Love***

***Angela Bofill (1983) Tonight I Give In***

***The Commodores (1981)***Oh No***

***Smokey Robinson (1980) Let Me Be The Clock***(1980 -- a FAB year for quite a few reasons!! wink wink Mr. Giberson ;)

***Eddie Rabbitt & Crystal Gayle (1982) ***You & I***(a crossover chart hit! pop and country.)

***Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack (1983) Tonight I Celebrate My Love***

***Whitney Houston & Teddy Pendergrass***(1985) Hold Me

***Herb Alpert featuring Janet Jackson & Lisa Keith (1987)***Making Love In The Rain***

***Atlantic Starr (1987) ***All In The Name of Love***

***The Incredibles (1966) Heart and Soul***(remake of the Cleftones! so GOOD!!)

***James Ingram (1993)***Someone Like You***(amazing production by Keith Thomas!!)

***Gloria Estefan (1993) ***If We Were Lovers***

***Chante Moore (1994) ***Old School Lovin'***

***James Ingram and Sally Yeh (1994)***I Believe in Love***

***Dan Hill & Rique Franks (1992) ***Hold Me Now***(goosebumps!!)

***SADE***(1992) ***No Ordinary Love***

***SADE***(1992) ***Kiss of Life***

***Duran Duran (1992) ***Come Undone***

***Aaliyah (1994) ***At Your Best (You Are Love)

***Luther Vandross & Mariah (1994) ***Endless Love***

***Lauryn Hill (1998) ***Can't Take My Eyes Off You***

***Miguel (2012) ***How Many Drinks?***

No comments:

Post a Comment