Saturday, October 5, 2019

The 100 Day Gratitude Challenge -- Day #15 -- Volunteer at the next opportunity in your community

Dear Readers,

I've been busy with my full time day job, and now it's the weekend. Time to post more entries for the 100 day gratitude challenge.

Here we are at Day #15. This one urges you to "Volunteer at the next opportunity in your community."

What a wonderful suggestion this one is! Myself, I pride myself in lending a hand to a good cause, helping someone in need, or perhaps it's just giving your time at a local nonprofit organization.

In the past, I've volunteered at a soup kitchen, went door to door on a friend's political campaign (oh that 36 degree weather and 2nd degree sunburn!), spent eight months handing out canned goods at a food bank, volunteered a year at the Optimist Youth Dance, lent my time in the Santa Claus Parade, did clerical work for a hospice, sorted donations at a thrift store, helped at the Hearts of Durham Gala to raise funds for women's shelters...the list goes on. Volunteering gives us a chance to give back. It boosts our self esteem, it's a chance to network and meet new friends or make new allies in the community. Overall, it's just marvelous. Giving back expands the heart, opens your vortex to abundance, and Paying it Forward is amazing karma! My heart is full of gratitude for the experiences that have dropped me to my knees. The low times and the ecstatic times. I'm certain there is no mistake to the Universe's perfect plan for me. All the good that I have given out -- whether helping a friend cope with his bipolar disorder and encourage him not to end his life, or slip that sandwich and box of chocolates to the homeless man on Christmas Eve -- it will surely find its way back to me, no doubt at all.

What experience, if any, can you share with us of your volunteering?

Please do so in the comments section. I'd love to know your thoughts.

Have a beautiful October weekend, enjoy the blue skies and swirling leaves! The air is cooler, the nights are chilly, and I'm wrapped in my fuzzy blanket, enjoying many a coffee, Chai and Earl Grey tea.

Much Love,

xx RR xx


No comments:

Post a Comment