Friday, July 2, 2021

My Heart is a River



My heart is a river,
rushing forth with emotion so strong
testing the tide
tempting fate
finding the passageway
into your heart
my heart is a deluge,
ever-flowing,
overjoyed,
relentless
impassioned
on the journey
to your westward sky
and open land
where the mountains
touch heaven
and the pines
boast
of God's handiwork.
My heart is a stream,
crystal clear,
and filled with truths
the gods spoke of
centuries ago,
when all this beauty
was yet to transpire
and finally, you are here
like a vision i manifested
from all my secret dreams
My heart is an ocean
it ebbs and flows
so purely
back and forth,
telling of its
yearning
and bringing forth
all the goodness
that your heart
has needed to hear
all this time

Rochelle Renee
9:30 p.m. July 1st, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment