Sunday, May 13, 2018

MOTHER'S DAY

To all the Moms out there today celebrating, hat's off to you. It's one of the oldest and lesser acknowledged professions. But the amount of love you receive is "full payment," so to speak, for all your efforts over the years.

Being a Mom has taught me to make sacrifices that I wouldn't have done, had I never given birth. 19 years ago, I was holding my baby girl in my arms, looking forward to what life would bring. Some of it was scary, not knowing how things would materialize, being a young mother.

Here we are, though, in 2018 and she's all grown up! Crazy, how time flies, and wonderful, how life falls into place, with its ebbs, flows and bends in the road.

I'd never trade it for a moment. The sleep deprivation, 4:00 a.m. feedings, mountain of diapers, colic, and lack of personal time. It was all worth it, every struggle, every obstacle...because it came full circle. All that love I poured into her has BLOSSOMED into a beautiful young woman who loves me with all the love in the Universe.

Rachel, I'm so proud to be your Mom. God brought me the GREATEST GIFT EVER BESTOWED when he gave me you.

Thank you for making me the strong woman I am today. Your laughter, blunt truth and boundless loyalty makes me so infinitely glad to be alive.

Cheers to you. A wonderful daughter. I love you XOXO

RR xo


No comments:

Post a Comment