Monday, April 24, 2023

LOVE POEM: Love is SAYING YES -- Even In The Hard Times




I LOVED YOU

long before I ever met you.

Long before I ever knew

the contours

of your face

Before I ever wrapped my arms

around your waist;

Before I ever Knew
what made you
laugh or cry,
scared or feel alone.

I loved you long before I said
YES!

YES
to your kisses
and comforting embrace
YES
to snuggling with you
and making love with you
YES
to spending the rest of my life
with you.
But what I am discovering lately
is this:
The funny thing about love
is that you have to
keep saying
YES.

YES
to trash night
and cleaning the bathroom.
YES
to sharing a bank account
and a mortgage.

YES
to long labors
and sleepless nights
YES
to unexpected losses
and missed opportunities
YES
to being vulnerable
and choosing to join each other
when we'd rather jump ship.
We have to say yes --
to all of it --
the happy and ecstatic moments
as well as the sad and mournful moments
We have to keep saying yes
year after year --
and sometimes
minute by minute!
We have to choose to say yes,
this moment,
this breath.
So on the day I stand
in front of family and friends,
I'll say yes to you --
in that moment,
with that breath,
and all the breaths
I am to have.

--LISA A. MCCROHAN--

No comments:

Post a Comment