Sunday, June 14, 2020

Quarantine Days of Romance, Old Soul Music & Other Ponderings

Hello Dear Readers,

Sorry for being quiet and not posting for a while. This whole Covid-19 business has got me a little bummed out.

I'm trying to type some new fiction, and the words are not coming. As I said on another post, the summer is the least productive time for me to create new novels. There's something about the sun, the distractions of life, the atmosphere is different, and I struggle to get "into the groove" of writing anything juicy.

I'm so very much a "fall time and winter girl" -- I love the swirl of the leaves, that crisp scent in the air, and the crystalline, snowy nights -- pure, festive, sensuality that just gets the creative juices flowing. Summer is just not my thing. I miss my summer concerts, and they've all been canceled this year.

But alas! Here I am, still plugging away. TRYING, at least, to get something going.

You can't force the Muse now, can you? That's what I thought. SIGH...

Something inside me WANTS to create more fiction! Do you ever get writer's block? For me, it's when I can't get the motor running, and it takes forever to type a few paragraphs. Usually, distractions, and my A.D.D. is bad these days!

With a coffee beside me, it's late afternoon, and I'm in my "bat cave"-- the cool, dimmed, cozy bedroom with the white desk and I've got my Scentsy warmer on with "Cozy Kitchen" as the scent of the day (a blissful batch of warm oats, with brown sugar and cinnamon swirl). I love me some Scentsy (thanks to my rep Robyn --LOL) and lately have the stockpile flourishing with new scents.

What, may I ask, are you doing to help ease the ache of quarantine? Is there a new hobby you've taken up, or perhaps a new friend you've met?

For me, it's just trying to enjoy life "moment to moment," by appreciating what's left in my life. The people who REALLY MATTER and losing myself in soul music that lets me escape the mundane part of life that I'd rather not deal with.

Today's choice track, the Whispers, from the Bay Area, California, from the album "Open Up Your Love," released June 15, 1977: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZHRGSNmQ1g&list=PL_Z62noe2sfFtHh3Cf-vDDt0Na6KTekZE&index=9&t=0s

Remember, this quarantine won't last forever, better days are coming, don't lose hope, and don't forget to hug those people you love and hold them close (the ones who live with you, of course).

Have a wonderful Sunday funday!!

Cheering for you always,

RR xo










No comments:

Post a Comment