Tuesday, April 28, 2020

AGAINST ALL ODDS: A BI-COASTAL LOVE STORY FROM CHICAGO TO L.A.

Dear Readers,

The first women's romance novel I wrote in 1993 is about to be published for the first time ever...and I am so AMPED to share it with you!!!

"Against All Odds" is my baby. I penned it as a teenager and it was written from May 19, 1993 to April 20, 1994. Those eleven months were a learning curve. I wrote my little heart out, and I read a LOT of novels to get some experience on the craft, to learn to perfect a complete manuscript.

For 27 years, it sat in a box. Oh, I came back to it, time and time again, to read over the classic lines I'd written. Mainly for my own entertainment, let me tell you.
Sometimes, reading it gave me a little "buzz" of delight over the nostalgia of those blessed days.

I LAUGHED-- a lot, at the cheesy dialogue that needed editing --BADLY.

I GRIMACED -- over the typos and misplaced, over-the-top adjectives I thought I needed to make a successful book.

I CRIED -- over the moments of tragedy and the scenes where my characters DEEPLY connected.

I SWOONED -- over how hunky my music producer hero PETER ADAMS is, and how beautifully he and my heroine STARR TAYLOR fit together. Like a glove.

So, without further ado, on May 19th (the anniversary of the first page ever written, 27 years ago)..."AGAINST ALL ODDS" will be in print!!! 

I can't wait for you to read all about the epic saga of Peter and Starr!

I just know you will enjoy them as much as I do!!

Stay safe -- and as always,

Stay Passionate,

RR xo





No comments:

Post a Comment