Sunday, November 17, 2019

NEW NOVEL!! NANOWRIMO 2019 -- CALL MY NAME --

Dear Readers,

November started with a bang! The annual Novel Writing Challenge, which has an acronym called NaNoWriMo -- for National Novel Writing Month -- has me so stoked!!

It's November 17th and I'm already at 42,000 words!!!! Hey now!!!

50k words is the ultimate goal, to be finished by Nov.30th with a complete novel.

Every year, I gift myself with the beautiful offering of a completed love story (first draft, of course). It's the perfect way to get REALLY disciplined and get a novel completed. Rather than to procrastinate and take one's time throughout the course of a year.

Over half a million of us NaNo'ers are taking part in this challenge. I'm always psyched to get to the finish line, but the real fun is in the journey to get there!!! It's all that over-caffeinated, nail-biting, pulse-pounding, key-typing activity that gets the creative juices flowing.

My latest novel is a surefire winner, in the sense that I didn't have to use too much brain power to get it going. I already had the "muse" ready and willing to go. Like a filly on her maiden race at the Belmont, I was "rarin' to go" and chomping at the bit! I've been overjoyed to share my love story of Regan Reynolds and Stephen Silver with the world. I hope you love this power couple as much as I do!!! XOXO

A certain Silver Fox inspired me to craft my current masterpiece. Thank you, S.M., for the wonderful chats, for bringing your Aquarian energy around me and for just...well...making my work days more bearable. You rock my socks!!

To all the NaNoWriMo contenders this year...GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you make it to the finish line with your latest handiwork. If anyone knows how much blood, sweat and tears goes into making a novel, it it surely the NaNo writers every November. Bravo to you!!!

Sending good vibes and much love,

RR xo

No comments:

Post a Comment