Saturday, January 11, 2020

EMBRACING THE CHANGES: Life Is What Happens When We're Busy Making Other Plans

Dear Readers,

I've discovered long ago --and have been reflecting on it this past week -- that the only constant thing in life is "change." Tomorrow is not promised, and all we have is the present moment, our true GIFT.

Change can be exhilarating, but it can also be downright TERRIFYING.In truth, how many of us are actually READY for that change when it comes?

This week I heard from a woman whose daughter, at 58 years old, was "let go" of her 20-year stint as an admin assistant at a prominent Toronto college. The woman was devastated. The letter addressed to her stated "you no longer fit the ethics and culture of our organization."

I can't imagine what that would feel like, being in a career you love to work in, and then one day, you are forced out of that job in the most unkind way.

In my own experience, I've been forced out of jobs for various reasons, and most of the time, I was not given a reason. I've understood that it was because I was simply "not a good fit." You know what? What a wonderful revelation! Just for the fact that --THANK GOD-- I was meant to be elsewhere!!!! Hallelujah to that! Let's raise a toast. Why would I ever want to waste my time, skills, talents and beauty on a career and people who don't celebrate me? No thanks! NEXT!!!

Let's not undermine the fact that "Life is what happens when we're busy making other plans" (John Lennon).
Did you ever notice that the most incredible adventures have happened when we were forced out of our comfort zone? When did you ever experience anything MONUMENTAL or news worthy, just by sitting there like a bump on a log, or "coasting"through life at the same boring and predictable pace? Exactly.

I'll admit...some changes have been painful and left deep scars. I was not ready for them. Now, looking back, I am grateful that I was transported to another time and place. Even outside of my zipcode!

For 2020, let's try our best to embrace the changes that occur. It's good for building character, we face new obstacles but we also experience fresh opportunities and BRAND NEW PEOPLE that might bring us the greatest JOY of our life. By holding onto the bland stuff from 2019, we may never know how incredibly stellar we could become, if only we took that plunge.

My wish for you this year is to take more chances, allow the changes, and forge a new path to a brave new frontier.

I wish you joy, love and happiness always.

Much love,

RR xo





No comments:

Post a Comment